The Centre is happy to announce it will be reopening according to the Provincial Guidelines for Step 3 and will post the new schedule of activities by the end of this week!
In response to the Provincial Government moving to Step 2 of their Roadmap to Reopen, the Board is pleased to announce the Centre will be offering a very limited re-opening on July 5th, 2021. Per the government’s guidelines, we are limited to only five people in the building (including the Facility Manager). This means that, for now, we can only have one activity per day and only four members can attend that activity per the schedule below. The Chairpersons are arranging attendance based on the limited spaces available.
At the end of the 3-week period, we are hopeful that Step 3 of the Provincial re-opening will occur. Once that is announced by the government and we are allowed to have more members indoors, the Centre will add additional activities and be able to use multiple rooms at the same time. A new schedule will be sent out with full details of programs and times once the movement to Step 3 is announced.
The Centre is very pleased to announce the addition of two smaller kilns purchased through a grant provided by the Kenora & Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation. These kilns will extend glass fusing techniques to include vitrigraph, murrini, jewelry making and small glass projects. A big thank you to Jeannie Woods, glass fusing chairperson for her knowledge and endurance throughout this very long and arduous process during a pandemic.
The Centre is proud to announce it's newly constructed and up-graded the bocce ball court. Along with the new court we have purchased new equipment and some very comfy chairs for players/spectators.
We hope to have both scheduled times, open times (first come), leagues and tournaments.
Please send all your ideas via email to the centre and we will look at all options.
Opening date for the court to be advised shortly. If you are interested in joining us for this outside activity please contact Linda at the Centre 807-226-9764 for further information.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 22, 2021
MONDAY 1:00 – 4:00 PM
-SiouxVivors Band Practice (living room)
-Open Crafting (craft room & pool table area)
Tuesday 9:00 – 12:00 PM
-Quilting (living room, pool table area)
-Card Making (crafting room & pool table area)
WEDNESDAY 1:00 – 4:00 PM
-Bridge (living room)
-Glass Fusing (craft room & pool table area)
THURSDAY 1:00 – 4:00 PM
-Mahjong (living room)
-Painting (craft room)
Open Crafting (pool table area)
FRIDAY 9:00 – 12:00 PM
Open Crafting (living room, craft room & pool table area)
After consultation with the Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU), the Board is pleased to announce that we will begin offering several indoor activities at our SN-NF 50+ Activity Centre effective Monday February 22, 2021. Once again, our focus is to implement and monitor restrictions and safety protocols to keep you safe while allowing you to enjoy activities and the company of fellow members.
Please ensure that you read and understand the following information before attending an indoor activity at the Centre.
· The Centre’s doors will remain locked at all times. Members will knock to gain entry.
· The Facility Manager (FM) will be in attendance before, during and after activities are scheduled to take place. Linda’s top priority is to offer a safe, clean environment, ensuring safety protocols are adhered to. Disinfecting of all surfaces will be done before and after groups meet.
· Mask-wearing is mandatory; the mask must cover the nose, mouth and chin without gapping. Members are asked to bring their own masks.
· Only those members attending a scheduled activity as per the schedule below will be allowed access to the Centre. No drop-ins or guests are allowed.
· Sign-in is mandatory for contact tracing purposes, attendance records (for funding) and for feasibility monitoring. When you sign in, you will be confirming that:
o You do not have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, feeling unwell)
o You have not been in close contact with someone who is sick or has a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
o You have not returned from travel outside Canada in the past 14 days
· Sanitizing solution for disinfecting shared tools will be available in each of the 3 work areas (craft room, living room and pool table area). Groups are responsible for sanitizing their own shared tools.
· Hand sanitizer will be available at the sign-in book and in each of the 3 work areas.
· Kitchen is closed. Members are to bring their own drinks. No water cooler available.
· No indoor exercise at this time
· Computer and library areas are open. Wi-Fi available in parking lot.
All members must show proof of double vaccination for entry.